Friday, November 9, 2012

Wiley Williamson McClendon




Our lives were made so much richer on October 29th. Our sweet little Wiley arrived and we can not imagine our life without him. 

Monday morning we had to be at the hospital at 5:30AM for surgery at 7:30AM. When we arrived there was hardly any paperwork because I had gone in for my pre-op on Friday afternoon. They pretty much started my IV and we waited to get taken back to the OR. My OB is Dr. Phillips and he was nice enough to let me have the OB of my choice in to assist with the surgery and so Dr. Saucer was able to come help. He arrived first and we chatted with him for a while about “life” which was great because it really took my mind off of what was about to go down. Dr. Phillips arrived a little bit later and we all held hands and prayed for the surgery and for this sweet baby that was about to arrive. It was very calming. The hospital was running behind (Dr. Phillips was not too happy about that..) so I didn’t actually get wheeled back until almost 8. I had the best anesthesiologist. She was so great at keeping me calm and nothing about the spinal block hurt like I was expecting. She did a great job. Anyway, as soon as I got the spinal they started the surgery. At 8:16AM our little (wait, no big) guy arrived! He weighed 9 lbs 8 oz and was 20 ½ inches long. He was quite a chunk. As soon as the nurse took him to start evaluating him, he decided he needed to spray her to let her know his bladder was working just fine. I had a rough time during the actual surgery. I went back and forth a few times as far as feeling good and then really bad. As he was born I honestly was having an “out of it” moment and I know they showed him to me, but I don’t really remember. They took me back to recovery, and Wade followed him to the nursery. Finally they brought him to me to hold. It was seriously just as I had been told. The second I held him I was so in love. After my time in recovery we were taken to our room and were able to have visitors. My two sisters had come in town for the big event and my mom was there too so they filed in and all took turns holding the baby. 

Mac didn’t come meet Wiley until that afternoon. That was the best part of the day. For all those months we had been talking about Wiley; so to be able to see him meet him was just amazing. We had also discussed that it was Wiley’s birthday and Mac associates cupcakes with birthday parties so he was really excited about his “cupcake party.” He sang happy birthday to Wiley and enjoyed a cupcake! He got Wiley a teddy bear he named Cubbie but he still hasn’t really released him to Wiley yet. Wiley gave Mac a toy hummer and Mac has been obsessed with it. He is really into hummers for some reason…?? The few days at the hospital were spent having visitors welcoming Wiley into the world, and since Halloween fell during my hospital stay, I had some trick or treaters visit me. Mac was Peter Pan and Mary Frances was Tinkerbelle. Mac was REALLY excited about saying Trick-or-Treat and apparently every single person he saw that night he yelled “Trick or Treat” to. I heard him down the hall before they even got to my room yelled at the nurses! Thursday morning we were able to go home. I had a day or two of post surgery pain, but about Sunday I was feeling wonderful, and have felt wonderful since. 

Wiley is another dream baby. So far, his nights consist of sleeping 4-5.5 (and last night a random 7 hour stretch…) hours a night. That is amazing in my opinion. He is great during the day too. I make him eat every 3 hours during the day and he is sleeping or being pretty content just staring at anything during the day. Mac is still obsessed with him and constantly wants to look at him and give him kisses too. He is a great big brother. I couldn’t ask for anything more from him. We are getting settled into our routine and enjoying every minute of it!











No comments:

Post a Comment