Mac is now 11 weeks old! He is getting so big. It is amazing how much he has changed. He laughs ALL THE TIME which I love. Wade is such a happy guy that I knew Mac would be too. It literally melts my heart when he just starts smiling and laughing at me.
He is still a great sleeper. Most nights he is asleep by 10-10:30 and is waking up between 6:30 or being woken up at 7:30 (during the week-weekends he can sleep as long as he desires!) I need to move his bedtime back so that he gets up at 6:30 during the week. We just let him sleep as long as he can. I hate waking him up! I am not a schedule person, thus Mac is on no schedule at all. He is fed at daycare when he is hungry (crying) and same thing at home. (Although today they work him up at 2, after his 9:30 bottle to feed him bc they thought he should eat…I say, let him sleep?) I might have to start adjusting that at home so that I can get him to bed earlier. We’ll see. So far, what we have been doing has been working but I know he will be stretching his sleeping time out so that’s why I need to back it up.
He has still been doing very well at daycare. The teachers keep telling me he is still wonderful. Only crying when he is hungry and then just sleeping or laying in his bed or the swing just laughing. What a relief.
We are starting to prep for his Baptism that is coming up. We are doing it at the church I grew up in, and then having lunch at our house after. Because my family is SO large, we have a big group invited. I am nervous to see how many are coming. I want a lot of people to be able to come; I just get anxious thinking about hosting such a large group. I know it will be fine though. Mom is going to help, obviously. I really don’t have to do anything except direct what needs to go on. Mom is making most of the food and my grandmother and aunt are contributing. I have a few ideas on creative touches I want to add, but I am not sure when I will have time to actually do these things…We’ll see. Mac is going to be a very well rounded baby; he is getting baptized, and then dedicated the next week. I guess we need to start saving for his bar mitzvah. Ha.
He has found his thumb. He is iffy on his passy. He sometimes “gags” when he doesn’t want it, and sometimes he wants it. I figured it wouldn’t be long before he found his thumb as he always sucks on his hands. A few days ago I caught him sucking on it. It was so cute! I should note that he was sucking his LEFT thumb….Wade and I are both left-handed, as are both sets of our parents. We won’t know for a while what hand he will use, but he has shown “signs” of left hand dominance some. We’ll see!
Today, for his week birthday, Mom picked him up from daycare to go on some errands with her. One of her stops was my office. It was so fu n seeing him while I was at work and watch everyone love on him. He enjoyed the trip as he smiled the whole time.
I have some new cute pictures I need to get off of my camera and get onto the computer. Maybe this weekend I’ll do that. He has really grown!
No comments:
Post a Comment