December has been the month of sickness around here. We have managed to still have a great month, but I can say the the 1st half of the month has been spent sick! After about a week of Mac and his cold, we called the doctor to see if there was anything that we could do for him. She told us to bring him in and met us at the office after hours. (Can I stress how AMAZING Dr. Wood is?) She listened to his chest and said all was well, but checked his ears and found out he had a “little” infection in his left ear. After going to Publix and waiting AN HOUR AND A HALF for the FREE amoxicillin (ugh-I would have rather paid than waited that long with a sick baby) we started his meds. He responded well and seemed to even be getting over his cold. Then on day 10 of his meds (the last day) he started having symptoms of having a virus. All you mothers can probably relate and know how FUN projectile vomiting and severe diarrhea can be…Again, we called Dr. Wood (aka Grandma Cathy) and she instructed us on how to keep him hydrated and told us to bring him in the next morning to get looked at. Well, he had the Rotavirus. AWESOME! And another ear infection (other ear) and it was pretty bad. So, we spent a few days giving Mac a syringe at a time of pedialyte and another med for his ear. Well, to make matters worse, I got the rotavirus (yes, adults can get it) so I have been sick for about a week. I have been completely helpless and my mother has been helping me so much and obviously so has Wade. I felt like I was on maternity leave again (except with an older baby) b/c I didn’t wash a dish, do a load of laundry or pick a single thing up, yet my house was magically perfect! As much as I hate domestic duties I would switch all those chores for my sickness any day.
Other happenings include Mac’s first acting debut. He has some pretty big shoes to fill as he was “Baby Jesus” in the daycare Christmas play. He did it for 2 days (right before he got his virus) and was such an angel! Wade went the day that the parents came and he said everyone wanted their picture with the “real baby” and were just going nuts that there was a live baby in the manger!
Wade and I are supposed to head up to Birmingham this weekend for my friend Jess’ Stock the Bar shower, but I am just having to play it by ear. I am terrified of getting there and getting sick, and no one wants to get sick right around the Holidays. I really want to go, so hopefully I will feel up to it. We also have “Dozier Christmas” this Sunday which is always fun. This will be Mac’s first trip to the River. I just imagine all the fun he is going to have playing with my cousin Woody’s little boys, Gus and Cole up there in the future. Next week we have my Grandparents annual Christmas party, and then obviously Christmas will be here soon! This is such a wonderful time of the year and I am so thankful for the REAL reason that we celebrate and can’t wait until Mac gets old enough where I can explain what the Christmas season really is all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment