After I had to work that morning we loaded the kids up, with no nap, wishing a car ride nap would happen, it didn't....
Moving on, our first stop of the day was the Atlanta Zoo. Simi-impressed. The animals were good and all, but come on, the train ride (which as $2.50) was about 90 seconds long...that is Mac's favorite part of the Montgomery Zoo....MGM wins that one in my book.
After the zoo, we took the kids to Auntie Jewel's favorite restaurant, Uncle Julios. She said Mary Frances had never been since birth, but that while she was pregnant and living in Dallas, MF made many trips to Uncle Julios! This time though Julie was allowed to enjoy a favorite cocktail....I couldn't tell you what all Mac was eating in these pictures. We were throwing any type of food at him to keep him happy..it worked for the most part. Normally I cringe thinking of him eating off the table,...but at this point, it was about making it through dinner...
That night, we stayed in a nice hotel and boy, that was interesting. We both decided to not bring pack and plays and just let the kids sleep in our beds. I had Mac's feet in my ribs all night. MF and Mac both had a little cough, so when one woke up, so did the other, all night...I think Julie and I were both a little tired Sunday morning. Mama D had whipped up some matching shirts and shorts and we were ready to go! Anyway, after a yummy breakfast we headed to the aquarium. We had a blast! They LOVED it. Julie was the photographer, so I don't have any pictures but the ones on my phone that I was sending to Wade. Mac was super impressed with the dolphin show. It was great! Keeping a 18 month old still for 30 mins had to be something spectacular! We enjoyed the 3D movie too, but he
After the Aquarium, Julie wanted to go to the World of Coke gift shop. Well...let's just say Julie is NO good at remembering where things are located...but will seem super confident so you just follow her lead...final product is lifting the double stroller up about 50 stairs with children buckled in and thinking they are on some sort of roller coaster and going around the entire building to exactly where we started....we had a good laugh, and accomplished a good cardio workout. We were starving when we left so we looked up somewhere kid friendly by the aquarium, and Johnny Rockets is right next door, so we headed in. It was so yummy to eat a good burger and fries (and MAYBE a milkshake???) Mac enjoyed his lunch too! He is such a "Dozier" and LOVES his sauces. He loves dipping food. Anything into anything.
After lunch, we headed home. Kids napped for a few minutes...not like we expected...Oh well! It was so worth the trip! Wade, Mac and I are going to head back over after tax season to do it all again!
No comments:
Post a Comment