I apparently don't function well unless I have 100 projects going on at the exact same time. Currently I am 1) caring for a newborn 2) studying/taking CPA exam 3) developing a neighborhood 4) working full time.
WOW. Let me just tell you. Busy doesn't even begin to cover it.
1) Caring for a newborn. I am very lucky that Clary Elizabeth is still sleeping well. She goes 9 hours a night and I am oh so thankful for that. She started daycare about 2 weeks ago and has adjusted very well. I am pumping at work and feeding her when I get home so that is a little different for me. With the boys they were both on formula bottles by this point.
2) I started this CPA JOURNEY before I was pregnant with Clary Elizabeth and my goal was to finish before having another baby. Well....as you can tell that did not happen. I took the 2nd (of 4) parts when I was 36 weeks pregnant and gave myself some time off to adjust to the new baby but am back at studying and taking the 3rd section on Monday. I honestly do not feel that prepared so I don't know if I will pass this attempt or not, but I am going to do my best. It is VERY difficult to study when you have a newborn and two young kids....
3) Pike Road, AL is home to a new neighborhood, Doe Run. This project is a few months in the making and was approved last week by the planning commission in the town. We have some items to address before we can put the road in and officially sell the lots but we are trying to spread the word and hopefully get some commitments. This has been an interesting project to say the least and I have learned a lot. I will say that there has been a lot of help and I (fortunately) have not had to deal with a lot of issues myself!
4) As I stated earlier, I started back full time to work. It has been an interesting adjustment. Whenever you are off work for a while just getting back to it is difficult. My work is full of deadlines and so I had to be super careful when I came back that I didn't miss anything! Also, pumping at work has been interesting. My office is so small that there really isn't a place for me so I have been moving around a lot. It is a tad stressful but if I can make it to my goal (Dec 31st) I will be very happy, and maybe even keep going into tax season if I feel like it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment