Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Adventures

Well, yesterday Mac was officially 4 months old. One third of his first year has passed! That is crazy! He has grown so much and is changing daily! It amazes me how much a baby can learn at such a young age! We will go to his 4 month Drs. appointment on Thursday and I cannot wait to see how much he has grown. Also, I am interested in knowing if Mac will be able to start “solids” or if she will want us to hold off. At his 2 month appt she mentioned waiting until 6 months, so we’ll see…


Since the last post, we have had some fun adventures. This past weekend, Mac took his first flight. It was quite exciting. I decided to take Mac to Houston to visit the McCroskey family and Emily was there visiting too. I thought I was going to be such a big girl and take Mac all by myself…mistake number 1! Well, in planning the trip, I figured I would put Mac in the baby Bjorn, which would leave me with two free hands. Well, the week before the trip, we practiced using this contraption and we both realized, that we didn’t “jive” in that thing, and so we had to opt for plan B; the umbrella stroller. This meant I would have NO free hands. Wonderful! Well, the flight out to Texas was a nightmare. That might be an understatement. Luckily, one of Emily’s friends was on my flight and asked the man sitting next to me to switch seats with her. She was SO helpful getting the bottles from the bag and even let me take a breather when we got to DFW before the next flight to Houston! THANK YOU KATHERINE!!!!!!! We had a great time visiting with the sisters and Mac and Mary Frances just had a ball! She just wanted to hug and kiss him all weekend! It was so cute! The flight home was not quite as crazy, thankfully! We did have to sit an extra hour on the plane in DFW to Montgomery….Mac got a little fussy at the end of the flight, but mind you, had we not sat an extra hour we would have been home so I think he did a good job. I decided that night would be a great night to attempt not to swaddle him. We wrapped his body and not his arms. Two nights so far, and success. The only issue is that when he wakes up in the morning, he has been WIDE awake. When we swaddle his arms, he just kind of sits there waiting on us. Now that he has his arms to flail, he does….No biggie though.

In other news, I have started simi-couponing. I do not have the time or energy to really get into the whole coupon thing, but I did save 41 dollars at Publix last night, and even got a few things free. I was pretty proud of myself. I hope to try to save a little money every time I grocery shop. I mean, 40 dollars can fill my tank up with gas. Why not save some money when you can? My goal is to save more than I spend. I will be really proud of myself if I do that. My coworker does it all the time, so she has been giving me little hints for a while, and hopefully I can catch on and do that.

Lastly, here are some pictures from Mac’s 4 month photo shoot. He almost took a fall of the bed in the process. I will not be attempting that again without support….oops…..



No comments:

Post a Comment