Monday, January 11, 2010

Great trip! and exciting news!

California was a blast! We had such a great time! We spent most of Thursday tailgating and hanging out by the Rose Bowl. It was so crazy and so many people were there! Texans and Alabamians sure came out to support their teams. The funniest to me was the Florida fans there all decked out in the FL gear. I overheard some guy saying he had made all his arrangements LAST FEBRUARY for the game. Umm...ok. I think I would have canceled my reservations...but that's just me! Anyway, so obviously Thursday was a blast! Friday we just did the "California stuff" with Emily who had come down on Thursday night to watch the game. Apparently Friday was Elvis' birthday so there were all these 60 year old women in Elvis t-shirts crying at his Star....interesting to say the least. We went on some street and saw the best view of the Hollywood sign. And then we ventured even higher and made it to some park where you could climb and got an even better view! We ate at a delicious restaurant called 208 Rodeo and it was amazing! We saw some high school friends there too, small world huh? The service was a little slow, but then again we were soo hungry as it was about 3 and we just wanted our food! Emily had to go back around 6 and Wade and I went and got some rest before we ventured out again. This time we went to Santa Monica to see the Pacific and hang out on the pier. Later when we got hungry we found a restaurant called Buddah's Belly that was really good and even saw Chewey from the Chelsey Lately (Wade's favorite) show when we were waiting. Saturday we went to Malibu and Calabasas (to visit Dash-not impressed) and then went back to hang out in the Beverly Hills area. We shopped on Rodeo Drive and surrounding streets and I was able to find some really cute maternity clothes at A Pea in the Pod and I got baby Mac some books at Marie Chantal. I would have had a lot of fun (probably too much) in there if I had known if it was a he or she yet! The stuff was just so adorable! I just couldn't guess though bc I would have potentially wasted a lot of money! We had lunch at a delicious little pizza place on Santa Monica Blvd while we were shopping too. When we left, Wade had spotted on Friday "Millions of Milkshakes" and just HAD to go there. So we went and low and behold my dream came true! The paparazzi were waiting outside! I knew I had just hit the celebrity jackpot! Inside was none other than Stephanie Pratt who was promoting her new milkshake! Me, being the faithful Hills watcher was thrilled! I got in line and was able to meet her. She was even nice enough to talk to Jess Vaughan on the phone. (She though at one point Jess had hung up on her and said she was not happy with Jess, but I assured her the next time I went to speak to her that Jess didn't hang up and everything was cool between them. ha!) Here is my picture with her after I got a milkshake (I got the Presidents Special and it was delish-It was Oreo and strawberries!)

I would have dressed up a little more and applied more makeup had I known who I was going to meet. Oh well!

That night we went to a Japanese BBQ place called Gyn-Kaku. It was super fun and we ate so much food! It was really good though! We actually went in early Saturday night because we had a 6 am flight out of LAX so we had to be up at 3! Not fun! We got back last night and I am exhausted today! But the trip was all worth it! I am so glad we went!

In other news not trip related, we are finding out the sex of the baby on January 22. I had it scheduled for the 25th but my impatience got the best of me and I called and changed the date. I am getting so excited to find out if it will be a he or a she so we can start calling it by a name (still TBD) and start buying it stuff, other than books! ha! If Jan is like all the other recent months the 22nd will be here before I blink!

Anyway, I guess thats all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment