This week (Friday to be exact) I will hopefully know if Baby Mac is a he or a she! I am so excited! I have talked to many recent mothers about any advice on getting the baby to be active and so far they have all pretty much said to drink caffeine about an hour before the appointment. So long lost Diet Coke, we will be reunited come Friday about 8 AM!
Friday night we are having some family over for a "Pink and Blue Party" for the big reveal (no pressure Baby Mac to show yourself....) I am so excited to be able to share this with our family! I have a few idea's stolen from the brain of Julie McCroskey herself, as well as a few ideas from the good ole World Wide Web. I am so not creative, and times like this I wish I was! Oh well! The big reveal will take place by cutting a cake that is either pink or blue (white cake dyed) Because the appointment is 9AM on Friday and the party is at 6:30 I have made the cakes and they are in the freezer. (Hey, dont judge, Peggy McKinney freezes her cakes too....) I'll take them out on Thursday to defrost and Friday when I get home from work I will be icing the "one" and not the other. Of course, my family thinks they are so sneaky and they will go looking for the other cake to find out which one has no been iced, but little to do they know I have already thought about these things and there will be NO way they will be able to see the other one! HA! I was going to wait until after dinner to do this cake cutting and make everyone stare at the cake during dinner, but I am just too impatient myself AND I thought we would have a wise guy (not naming any names) that would poke at the cake or something and I would be upset. So we'll probably do the reveal before dinner so we can talk about the little girl or boy during dinner!
The only dilemma (dilemma is too strong of a word for this actually) is WHO will cut the cake. I don't want to do it because I want to watch everyone's reaction and I want to document the cut myself. My mother has hinted a few times that she would LOVE to do it, but then that's sort of not fair to Wades dad, or my dad. So...I was thinking maybe to let Wades dad and my mom each cut a corner (the cake is a square) But we'll see. My boss suggested that I draw a name out of a hat so that it would be fair. So, I might have to talk this one over with Wade and get his opinion. Maybe HE wants to cut it, WHO the heck knows, or knows if anyone actually cares (besides Mama D)
Besides all the excitement about Friday, I have had the excitement of having yet another sinus infection! Wonderful! Yesterday was horrible! I am really feeling the pressure at work, and I could hardly look at my computer screen. I took a 2 hour nap during lunch and left right at 5. Unheard of these days, but I couldn't help it! Today I called my dr and they called in a percription that mom is going to bring by so hopefully that will clear this thing up! It stinks being sick with so much work to do! But, hopefully I can get better soon and not be so stressed out at work!
aww that sounds so exciting!! When will you be revealing it to the rest of the world? I'm anxious to know!
ReplyDelete