This morning I had a regular monthly appointment. I am not really sure what the point of these are at this point. The only difference at this appointment was the option to do the Quad Screen Test. I did not do it because there is a huge risk for a false positive. With such a high risk I am not sure why they even offer it. But I am sure a lot of people do it. I just opted to not do it. Other than that it was the same ole thing. Pee in a cup, weight check (still down 4 lbs. GO ME!), heartbeat (140's), dr ask if you are feeling ok. Done. It mean its nice that its an in and out thing, but I wish you could like have an ultrasound or something....Oh well. I go back in 2 weeks for the 20 week ultrasound. I cant believe in 2 weeks I will be half way through! Then 2 weeks after that I'll go back for the normal check up again. The 20 week ultrasound should be interesting. They check all the really important things that should be developing with the baby but they also tell you the gender. Since I had my gender ultrasound at 16 weeks I will be interested to see if they say Baby Mac is still a "he." They say the ultrasounds can be inaccurate the earlier you have them, so since the baby will have developed for almost 4 more weeks they should have a better guess this time. It seemed obvious at the 16 week appointment, but you never know I guess. I am not telling my tech that I had the gender ultrasound because I want her to go in with no idea either. But it should be interesting acting "surprised" again when we find out, again.
Wade and I went shopping this weekend for fabric again. I think we might be set on something, but its always subject to change. We also moved some furniture into the nursery, and hung up all of Baby Mac's clothes. I will wash them closer to time. I see no point at this point because they'll get dusty. Also, I would rather take care of the "labor" while I still can comfortably. I cant imagine waiting until I was 8 months and huge!! We also finally got our "vision" or theme I guess you could say for the nursery. I can't wait to get everything and put it all together. We did visit Eastbrook Flea Market and pick up a few things. I think it is going to be super cute when its finished! But then again, I am biased….
The only other interesting thing going on is that Julie comes home next week! I am very excited to see her (and of course Mary Frances) and she is bringing me a bunch of clothes that she purchased for the baby! We are also going shopping for cribs, strollers, car seats, etc. I should be set by the time Julie leaves to go back to Houston!
put up some pics lala! I am so excited!
ReplyDelete