Monday, June 14, 2010

What a weekend!

Wow. That pretty much sums it up. We closed on our house on Friday, painted Friday night, loaded and unloaded Saturday and Sunday. Right now I can say our house is a WRECK and that is an understatement! We have about 90% of our stuff in the house. We lack most of our clothes, the baby clothes, our tv's, computers, ice maker, and some other very small things. (mostly breakable that we didn't want on the big moving truck) The plan/goal for the week is to get the rest of the stuff little by little, and start putting boxes in the appropriate rooms. Hopefully, by Saturday the house will be ready for my parents to help start unpacking the boxes.
The nursery is about 50% done. That might be stretching it...maybe 25%... We are missing the headboard to the bed we are putting in there (being re-cained), a mattress for that bed, a rug for the floor, a chair for me, and curtains for the windows. Then I have to reorganize everything in there....I have a long way to go. I thought it was going to be super easy to do, and now I realize why people work on this way before the baby is due...I didn't have an option since we were moving, so I am going to try not to stress. It is also getting much more difficult to move around in general, so I am going at about half the pace I would like.
I go to the doctor again today. I just found out Sunday at church that he is leaving the country for 10 days on Thursday. I am kinda anxious to see who he will have me see next week? I know it isn't that big of a deal, but it sorta is to me, since these are the last few appointments I will have. And, if I happen to go into labor early, he obviously won't be there. I am assuming if I do go into labor, I won't really care who my doctor is, but after seeing him for 9 months, I think I would be more comfortable with him. Oh well, I cannot control that so I shouldn't worry I guess.
I will have to post some pictures of the new house soon! Still waiting on pictures of my shower from Julie's camera so I can post those too!

1 comment:

  1. um sorry way too many but i will put on a cd for you and send to mom

    ReplyDelete